[Dailydrool] The Bounders and Paypal "gambling"

Marilyn Briggs marbriggs at att.net
Thu Feb 24 15:11:59 PST 2011

Utah Friends of Basset Hounds was also threatened with a shut down of
our account for selling the Corvette raffle tickets through Paypal.

I would like to think that if you are a licensed charity you would be exempt
from
the "gambling" thing, but apparently not.

We did the same thing as Wendie with Bowling for Bassets tickets--we
just put "2 games of bowling, dinner and 1 ticket" on the website--
explained it was a raffle ticket for the prize drawing another place and
in member emails.

The biggest thing is--do not have anything on your button or any
attached description about raffle or prizes or anything refering to "gambling".

One of our members put in the remarks on our general donation button
 "for 5 Corvette raffle tickets" and that did it, they "caught" us.
  Marilyn Briggs