[Dailydrool] Rosie to the Bridge

Susan Stoker sue117 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 25 17:11:12 PST 2011

Yesterday was a sad sad day for the Tank Hounds. We had to sent Rosie to the bridge.

She was diagnosed with lymphosarcoma in Oct of 2009. We decided to put her through Chemo and she finished that in April 2010. The cancer came back around Aug 2010 and we went through various treatments (oral cancer pills, anti inflamatories, etc). She was ok last week, but on Tuesday we noticed that she was struggling to breathe. She was breathing really fast and shallow. She was still eating, although very slowly. It was time.

We got Rosie in Jan 2006 and fostered her for 3 days before knowing she was ours. She was sooo scared of people, but slowly over the years she beat her fear and came to have the best personality of any animal we ever had. She never snapped at any other person, she only snapped at dogs if they started it, she would eat out of your hand nicely, shared toys....she because our "Event Rosie" when we went to events because she was so even-keeled.

The night before we took her in she snuggled against me all night. Her tail was wagging up until the end. Even our vet had tears in his eyes as he injected the drugs. It honestly is so sad and I know I'll hurt about her loss for a long time.

I just posted a video of Rosie playing with Henry the bloodhound 2 weeks ago. She was doing great...just goes to show how fast cancer can beat even the strongest dog.

Please hug your kiddos tonight extra tight.

Susan Stoker and the Tank Hounds
(Duke, Henry and Ozzie)

PS. If anyone knows who does the "photo memorial dog tags" can you please shoot me an email? I have one for each of our other dogs ATB, and would love to get one for Rosie.