[Dailydrool] We DO have a house guest

Nancy Candray speedsterbasset at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 26 21:36:11 PST 2011

My friend called me this morning, she said she found an appartment that allowed dogs with no weight limit. I was thrilled, we immediately decided I would go to the shelter and make an introduction with Speedy and Rambo as they were going to be the ones to spend 4 weeks with her. Speedy was more interested in meeting the animal shelter volunteers Rambo was to busy concentrating on all the barking. They OKed the adoption despite this, and since she was already spayed, we took her home!!

She is a cute thing probably weighing in at 40 when she can be 55 or 60. She is quite longer then Speedy so I have to watch for the countercruising. She also has very, very red ears and very dirty. I already started the Blue Ear Powder treatment, she seems to enjoy the rubbing when I do it so we are good. She also has kennel cough and is on meds. Though we don't know her past we don't think it was the greatest though she is very friendly both with dogs and people. Her nails where so long they were digging into her pads. She recked to high heaven.

The boys have mix reviews though. Rambo LOVES her. As we speak he is currently cuddled up next to her on the bed. Speedy is a different story. HE has decided this cutie is on a mission to steal his slabes that he worked hard to train. He snapped at her when she was trying to play. Granted she probably doesn't have her brains in yet as she is about 1 yrs old. (Maybe that is why Rambo likes her, he doesn't have his either) I'm hoping Speedy will get over it and become his sweet self again, but in the mean time is giving me the evil eye and her some loud barks.

My friend hasn't named her yet so we are just calling her puppy girl. I'm sure there will be more to tell during the next four weeks.

Nancy a very happy momslabe to
Speedy Speed Demon of the West OEBE
Ted (ATB)
and now Rambo
plus one sweet little houndette house guest