[Dailydrool] A REAL Rescue Dog

Basset911 at aol.com Basset911 at aol.com
Mon Feb 28 09:39:20 PST 2011

Oh Bev!!!  WELL SAID!!!!!
How I wish I were there, I would have followed these gals all day - I could
 fill their head with stories of the horrible rescue dogs who have gone
into  therapy work, cured humans with companionship, raised families, won
obedience,  agility FEILD TRAILS - of course I personally am defective - food
aggressive,  startle snap and have a low thresh hold for ASSumptions.  Probably
why no  one would want ME. Qualify my bite, go ahead. lol.

Today I will be posting the photo of our weekends adoption - Truffles on
our facebook page.
A stray wandering in a very low end area of Los Angeles - taken to the
shelter with bloody stool and vomiting blood.  Shelters of course don't  give
vet care, and this shelter called right away.  We picked up a lovely  girl -
separation anxiety and quite ill, IV and antibiotics, a few days at the
vetspital and even more on med's and conditioning here at Daphneyland, and
Truffles recovered.  Sweetest girl you'd ever want to meet.

An email from a very well known Dog Trainer who had lost his basset.
He arrived to visit and look at another hound along with entourage of
artists, other trainers, VP of Operations - the list is long - and Truffles
sweet as you please hooked this poor man - COMPLETELY.  Problem was a big  vet
conference last week and is not wanting to bring a new lovely girl home and
leave town right away -
Amidst snow on Saturday another visit on his way back through town along
with another author/trainer -
and finally on Sunday; A Gotcha Day.

Truffles the hound from the wrong side of the tracks, left Daphneyland in
her new limo - to drive to the palace that will be her domain - her new
Daddy  wrapped around that defective rescue paw..... just another worthless
hound that  no one wanted.
Oh, and just a little side note - her good friend Missy will be joining
that pack in a few weeks - once Truffles has acclimated.

Bellyrubs to all -
Dawn of the West
The unsocialized human
_www.daphneyland.com_ (http://www.daphneyland.com/)
661  269-2682

Daily rehabilitation and socialization of up to 100 basset  hounds and some
mixes - public viewing and visitation are Saturdays &  Sundays from 11 - 5.
Come and rub bellies in person! Volunteer opportunities  abound!
Join our facebook causes page - 2011 members for  2011!!! Get BaRNi at
Daphneyland updates, help raise funds for bassets to be  rescued!
_www.firstgiving.com/snoopytu_ (http://www.firstgiving.com/snoopytu)
HoeDown  is coming! May 7, 2011!