[Dailydrool] Maya

Brenda Weddle bweddlern at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 28 17:40:24 PST 2011

She is home now, and the vet discovered that she had actually been in a fight. Since there are no stray dogs around and the neighbors' dogs are OK, I can only surmise that she fought with a coyote. She has puncture wounds all over her. She is on antibiotics and pain meds, but is not yet eating and is not drinking well. If she is not drinking any better in the morning, I am calling the vet. I will be sleeping with her on the spare bed tonight. So far, the vet does not think her tail will need to amputated. Thank to everyone for the kind thoughts, prayers and drool. Please keep them coming, as she is not yet out of the woods, so to speak.
Brenda and the Thundering Herd.