[Dailydrool] Non-dog lovers

Alicia Pool apool at wolfrogersdickey.com
Wed Feb 9 09:08:25 PST 2011

When Flo was a small puppy, she ran over to the neighbors' house and was
standing outside their garage.  The neighbor kids - I believe they are in
6th and 4th grades, boy and a girl - were hiding behind the garage door,
crying and screaming for their mom.  They were petrified of her - no joke.
I couldn't believe the scene in front of me as I picked her up.  Their mom
looked at me and informed me that they are afraid of dogs - well
obviously.  I could see children being afraid of certain dogs, but this
was a tiny basset puppy sitting there wagging her tail at them for
goodness sakes.  She was arguably one of the cutest things I had ever seen
(she is in the February Bugler btw). Seemed to me that they were made to
be afraid of dogs given their ridiculous reaction to what was in front of
them.

Alicia Pool