[Dailydrool] Zephyr

Kristy A Meyers kawarner at umich.edu
Fri Feb 11 12:41:24 PST 2011

Donna,
I am sooo sorry to hear Zephyr had to travel across the bridge. It is
such a hard thing to do. He was very lucky to have you as his mommy.
Dogs find us and our lives are 100x better for having them.

Your heart will not always break when you think of him. You will not
always look or listen for him with a heavy heart. It takes time to
heal and figure out what your new normal will be without him. He will
never be replaced.

It will happen-in time. I have lost two of my basset babies to bloat.
Bubby, my heart dog (11 yr old snorer, drooler, super long eared, low
rider and all around perfect boy) bloated at 6:30pm (June 8 2009)and I
sent him to the bridge at 8:30 pm. It was so unexpected, so fast so
surreal at the time.

It took a long time for the grief to subside, but I am at the point I
am greatful for every minute I had with him. I wouldn't have changed a
thing and never regret being open to this boy. I only had him 6 months.

I hope the happy times and positive memories of this amazing boy will
soon over crowd your heart outweigh the final one of letting him go.
It was the right thing to do. I am sure Bubby (and Rosie-my other baby
that bloated) welcomed him with open arms.
Kristy