[Dailydrool] Good News

Karen sparks_red at att.net
Sun Jan 2 12:38:45 PST 2011

With all the sadness I thought we would share some good news with our Drool
Family.

First is that our little Isabelle, from the Dec. 2009 Great GGBR 63 rescue was
adopted!
She now lives with a wonderful family that loves and adores her for the timid
girl she
is.   I was thrilled that she now has enjoyed her first Christmas and New Year
in her
wonderful Furever Home.

Then comes our new foster boy, Angus who arrived on New Year's Eve. My daughter,
Tracy and granddaughter, Lora (15) went with me to see how a rescue worked.
They

both were amazed by Mom/YaYa's commitment to helping Angus and offer to help
the first rescuer with her other furkidz grooming needs. (Charlotte is in her
70's and is
recovering from a hip fracture.  I hope that they have a better understanding on
how

rescues happen but I am also glad this wasn't a rescue of a severely neglected
and

emaciated hound.

Anyroo, Angus rang in the New Year comfortably sleeping on one of the many
perches

in the house. He even got to share in the toast when my
granddaughters Strawberry Daquiri
was spilled. (We only had Mocktails and quickly cleaned it up, so he only got a
taste.  Now

that all our family  has gone home he has chosen the end of the couch as his
favorite perch.
He is a big fluffy boy that is in serious need of the dreaded diet.  I think he
is trying to
convince me he is just "big boned" and deserves to be fed more because of all
the

bad things he has lived through.

Angus is a sweet 10 yr old(?), handsome senior boy and quite the champion
sleeper.  I don't

know much of his history, except a very nice lady rescued him from neglectful
owners.  Poor
guy lived out in the backyard with no shelter or interaction for most of his
life.  The owner

willing let Charlotte take him.  I am ever so grateful for to her for saving him
from the situation.
I feel bad that his first day started with a much needed bath, ear cleaning,
blue ear treatment,

me going over all his lumps/bumps and treating his owies.  For New Years he got
his back
nails dremeled.  OMD his nails are the so thick and tough that I can't even use
the nail clippers.

Today we will try to start on the front toebones, which he does not like me
touching at all.
If I fail in the endeavor, then he is going to Bark Place with Ruby Doo to have
the toebones
done.

On New Year's Eve we also had a Basset Alert.  My daughter and granddaughter
thought
I was crazy when I stopped after our "sight seeing" trip to the dam, to see two
basset

who were going for a walk.  I told the family about the Drool and hope they
join.

I have only one New Year's wish this year.  That is that anyone who decides that
they are
in love with our floppy ear, silly, sweet bassets (or any furkid) would actually
take the time to

research the breed before getting one.  I wish they would just stop and realize
that those
cute little buppies grow up into large, short legged furkidz with many quirks,
attitude,
and a determination that few breeds can match.

My Christmas and New Years was awesome!  I was granted the wish of having my
granddaughter,
Lora, spend her first Christmas with me in California.  WooHoo!  She is coming
back this

summer and we are going on a school shopping spree.  It's official, YaYa has
better taste
in clothes for a 15 yr. old than my daughter!   Yippee I am considered a "Cool"
YaYa!

We hope that 2011 brings many healing miracles, good fortune and love to all our
Drool Family.
Karen and The Dog House