[Dailydrool] Bug fearing hound

thepamperedpets at comcast.net thepamperedpets at comcast.net
Mon Jan 3 19:49:26 PST 2011

Hello all, wishing everyone a good and prosperous New Year.

I am wondering if any one else has a basset that is afraid of bugs. My Maggie is a trip to watch, recently we have had an occassional couple of stink bugs that seem to fly around at night just prior to shutting out the lights, well she just freaks, she starts watching the ceiling and ducking her head down. Until yesterday I thought it was just the stink bugs until a spider landed next to her and she just about jumped out of her skin. Never realized a basset could be afraid of bugs. Might have started when we had a bat in the house, still not sure if it hit her when she was in bed but  I know she bolted out of bed and wanted out of the house during the middle of the night, finally realized there was a bat and chased it out and coaxed her back into bed.

So anyone else out there got a fraidy cat of a basset?

Nancy slave to Maggie ( Momma I don't like them buggies) and Bailey