[Dailydrool] Drool Please

erispaha at earthlink.net erispaha at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 4 06:43:28 PST 2011

Back in June I wrote to ask for drool.  Almost as soon as I sent it, I began to feel warm and and peaceful.  I had just been diagnosed with breast cancer and the PET Scan indicated the cancer had spread to my liver.  So many droolers responded to me personally and I am ashamed to admit I did not answer all of them, but the truth is I was just overwhelmed.

As you all know, the healing power of drool is amazing.  After 2 cycles and 8 weeks of chemotherapy, I had another PET and the breast tumors had an excellent response, but the liver tumor did not.  Long story short, there was never any cancer in my liver, it was contained to the breast area.  I have since finished chemotherapy and will have surgery later today (btw, I'll have my good luck charm, pictures of my daugther and all my hounds taped to my opposite arm during surgery...they let children bring in their favorite toy for surgery; today I'm a child).  I love my surgeon, but between you and me, I'd sure like to have my vet doing my surgery and have my surgical oncologist assist her.  My vet has done AMAZING things with the "fixer-uppers" I bring to her.  I can think of at least 10 dogs I've rescued that are here today because she removed their cancerous tumors.

As you all understand, my hounds have been an amazing source of support for me.  Frank would not leave my side the few days after chemo when I felt the worst.  Roland (who is 14 and we fondly call "the Fossil") has no teeth and likes soft food.  Even though I couldn't stomach the canned food and his daddy fed him, he still loves me and comes to me to ask for breakfast and dinner.  Cecil has laid right next the bed or at my feet for the past 6 months.  And Eleanor, the bloodhound, provided me with my daily laugh requirement.  And when I just needed to escape, I would hide in Eleanor's many wrinkles!  My first oncologist told me to stay away from the dogs and if I did touch them I should wash my hands immediately.  I fired her.  The next oncologist said let someone else scoop the poop, you just loved on them and spend as much time with them as you want.

I'm feeding my hounds a special breakfast this morning because I won't be here to feed them dinner tonight or tomorrow.  They are drooling even as I type!  Please toss your puppers an extra treat or even better, fix em their favorite meal so they'll produce a little extra drool for me and any one else, two or four leg, who needs it!  Can't wait to tell my surgeon there are hounds around the world drooling just for us today!

Thanks drooler..You are the best!

Gina Erispaha