[Dailydrool] Replacements

Julie Canny julie.a.canny at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 07:51:00 PST 2011

I've been enjoying the thread about choosing our bassets over our children.
 My niece wrote her college essay about her Aunt (me) who replaced her
children with Bassets.  I have not yet been allowed to read the piece but
she got into an exceptionally good college and I attribute it to her essay
(even though I haven't read it LOL).  My son is all grown up back in
Connecticut.  My daughter is a senior in college and her school is actually
very close by.  They seem to have excepted their replacements quite well.
 In fact both now have decided that they want to have their own bassets some
day!