[Dailydrool] Bug fearing hounds

Sandy sanwhe47 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 10:02:24 PST 2011

In answer to Nancy, our Bea is afraid of bugs like Maggie.  She too will
stare up at the ceiling when she thinks she hears a bug.  She will be sound
asleep between us and suddenly bolt up and run to the end of the bed if
there is a fly buzzing around.  I don't know what caused this reaction
unless she had a run-in with a wasp or stinging bug I'm unaware of.   She
also doesn't like the dark; she'll bark at the door like something is out
there and wait for the other dogs to go tearing out before she will go
outside at night.  Otherwise she does not act fearful or anxious.
We're sending healing drool for all the hounds who are not feeling well and
to all the loved ones of the hounds who have left for the Bridge.
Bea, Dora, Val, Willie &  Thumpy the Pit/Basset
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/5133I20
SandyW, Mom