[Dailydrool] anti plaque solutions for bassets

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 4 15:12:13 PST 2011

Dear Experts,
I am pretty sure this has been discussed already, but I wonder if anyone can advise me about anti plaque solutions.  The air waves are being blasted about a spray to reduce plaque, but I am a skeptic.  I also know that there are solutions sold that can be put in the water bowls.  My sister is willing to scrape the hounds to the best of her ability, and she does have skills, but she thought I should research plaque softeners to make her job easier.  It is that or putting them under at the Vet.  Once clean, I need to develop the habit of brushing.  I was keeping up with it very well until Mom started getting mad at me thinking I was hurting them as her dementia progressed.  Now that I am getting back into my routine now that she is at Assisted Living, I feel that this is important.
Happy New Year to all

Jackie and the herd