[Dailydrool] Catching up...whew

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Tue Jan 4 18:44:49 PST 2011

CIC Bo, My slave-secretary is still running behind on drool briefings,
and her other duties after a brief TDY, and then the invasion of
Grandpawrents in for the holidays. She is almost caught up and once she
is I will give her the tasking of putting together the ASTT yearly
report...after she serves me a cookie and gives me some belly rubs.
Ruger ASTT Director, Gulf Coast Team Leader out.

Momma here, Ruger is correct I have been terribly behind in the reading
of the drool, but I'm slowly getting caught up.  I apologize for not
addressing each drool request, bridge crossing like I have always done.
But please know that I am reading each drool post and tears leak out
with each sick hound, and bridge crossing.  I get the boys on high drool
production for all the sick hounds, and humans, slinging it to the four
winds to land on those in need.  Congratulations to Montana & Utah
basset rescues for winning the shelter challenge.  Yeah!

Idea for howliday cards:  Leave the Howliday card exchange as is with
one tweek.  Add a Virtual/e-mail card exchange for those that want to
participate but due to financial constraints cannot participate in the
hard copy/snail mail cards. To participate in the virtual list they can
make a small donation (whatever they can afford) to the basset rescue of
their choice.  Donations are on the honor system...Just a thought.

I would like to nominate BaRCSE (Basset Rescue Crew South East) They are
a very new rescue that tries to serve the Carolinas, Alabama, Georgia, &
northern Florida.  They have made several rescues lately with several
adoptions too.  One being the momma basset with the 7 buppies that we
have been enjoying the videos of.  I'm sure Jane Hay can tell you more
about the BaRSCE.

Oh my doG, I laughed so hard at Robert's letter to Brenda's gripping
daughter.  LOVED IT!  I must say that I don't have kids, only my
furkids. Which continues to be a reassured good decision on my part
every time that I hear parents talk about their human children.

Okay...I may have screwed up on my overseas Howliday cards. I have never
sent cards overseas other than to APO addresses (Military mail) so
postage is the same as mailing within the US.  I never dreamed about
needing extra postage for overseas address. This may have been put out
in the instructions for the card exchange but my wee brain did not
comprehend it. If those that were on the short list with me and did not
get a card from Colt & Ruger please let me know and I will e-mail you a
copy (sorry, I am all out of cards). Or if you had to pay extra postage
to get your card out of postal hock, I am soooo sorry.  I tried really
hard to get my cards out in time for everyone to get them before
Christmas. (mailed out the weekend after the list came out).  I
apologize for any problems with receiving Colt & Ruger's Howliday
cards...Ruger is very displeased with me.  Colt was bought off with an
extra cookie.

Dear Sadee...Colt asked me to take a little note to send to you.  He
wants me to let you know that he hopes you had a great holiday and as
soon as his lard butt slave gets caught up that he will write you a nice
lub letter.  (Colt take a number...Ruger has me drafting the ASTT end of
year report for CIC Bo)  Colt sends his loves and misses you very much.

Heart healing drool to all of those humans that lost their beloved
hounds over the past month, healing drool to all the sick hounds.  I
have been reading each updated post on the sick ones while holding my
breath that they are getting better, and holding a chicky jerky to get
the boys to drool and then sling it your way to heal all of those sick
furbabies.

Whew...I think that I am now caught up....Yes Ruger, I will get right on
that PBF/ASTT report...yes sir, right away.  Colt I'll write your lub
letter as soon as I get Rugers report out.  Yes I know that I am failing
in my duties, but at least you are warm, with lots of pets, belly rubs
and your meals are on time.   THAT was ONE TIME!!! DA*^ Demanding
Hounds!

Virtual hugs and drool to all
Michele Momma to the Bad A** Basset Brothers
Colt "Momma, take a letter for me"
Ruger "Not before that report goes out"