[Dailydrool] Separation anxiety--Riley

jkrames at aol.com jkrames at aol.com
Sun Jan 9 16:56:06 PST 2011

 My vet recommended that we put Jackson on Prozac for separation anxiety when he was newly adopted.  We didn't try it and he eventually adjusted, but if things get bad enough, you may want to see whether it works for you.  You could probably wean him of the drug soon after he settles down.

My husband and I always disagreed about dogs on couches--he wanted them on and I said off.  Our labs ruined 2 couches and I after 10 years I finally got 2 new ones.  I put a mat on the living room couch that made a noise when a dog started to get on and the dogs learned that they could go on the family room couch, but not on the one in the living room.  Now that I have bassets I have given up, so they are in the process of turning all couches, including the one in the living room, to their personal cozy beds.  And, yes, they all have their own beds, but prefer to sleep on a couch or take over an entire queen-sized bed with a person squished and contorted in a corner.

Jane
Mom of Jackson and Mabel and step-mom to Jack (plus 3 human children)