[Dailydrool] Miss Angela and the sofa

bjenk1 at cox.net bjenk1 at cox.net
Wed Jan 12 10:09:46 PST 2011

Bill here, press agent/personal trainer to Miss Angela Basset,
Droop and Drool Diva of Wichita and Sedgwick County

I for one feel priviliged and pampered when Miss Angela
allows me to sit on her sofa.  When I bought this set of LaZ
Boys, it was quickly made manifest that the super-size
recliner was mine and the sofa was Angela's.  Seeing the
lay of the land, I got a decent throw to put on the sofa to
protect the leather and another to snuggle me up in my
chair.  This sofa has  become Miss Angela's spot for about
16 hours a day.

When company comes, they have to get to the sofa first or
Angie will be there and leave just enough room for them at
the rump end.  And she expects her rump to be scratched
and petted during their tenure there.  Best case scenario:
two guests have come and they sit at either end of the sofa
so that she may be worshipped from both directions.

'Thinking that I could somehow modify her behavior, I bought
a nice big, round dog bed to put in our bedroom.  For the first
month, she just ignored it. Now, she will walk with me back
to the bedrooom after I give her her last trip outside and her
nighty-night biscuit and make herself comfortable on the big
round dog bed.  However, when I get up in the morning, she
is back on the couch.  I think she just accompanies me into
the bed room and goes through the motions just as a sort
of ritual.

There is a futon/couch in my office that Miss Angela will use
when I am doing class work or email.  I can see from the
amount of dog hair on it that she must also come in here
sometimes at night.

We have about 5 inches of snow on the ground now and the
temperature is about 5 degrees at noon.  Angela is quite
content to stay inside.  She shows no desire to go out to
track the squirrelistas or to do anything but her "business"
in the yard.  Maybe I will get bundled up and do an "around
the block" with her, just to head off cabin fever.

Bill (heated car seats are one of man's greatest inventions)
Angela (his dog made him do it)