[Dailydrool] Maya ATB 1-12-11

Mucci, Annette Annette.Mucci at us.hjheinz.com
Tue Jan 18 11:25:17 PST 2011

How much do I hate to write this?  A lot.

We lost our Mother Maya last Wednesday and I haven't even been able to
mutter the words.  I'm angry and haven't been able to talk about it,
look at her pictures or anything.  It is hard for me to write this to
you all.

For those that have gotten my Howliday Cards these past few years, Maya
was our oldest Boxer.  She was 11 1/2 when she passed.
She was sitting next to my basset girl Sophie on this years card.  Maya
also makes an appearance on the Senior Houndsabound calendar - Nov.
12th.

Maya was our first dog together.  She was also our alpha female and the
leader of our pack.  She taught Cassie, Schroeder, Sophie, Apollo & Cash
the ways of ruling the house, slave training and keeping everyone in
line - including the cats.  Schroeder our basset boy LOVED to antagonize
her.  And she always fell for it.  I think he secretly had a crush on
her.  She loved to chase sticks, go for walks, cuddle on the couch and
make sure we knew it was time for food, time for vitamins and that the
water dish was empty - not that I EVER forgot any of those things...

The worst part is that Maya was and had been our healthiest dog.  She
died a sudden death in our kitchen, just like Cassie did.  But unlike
Cassie, Maya never exhibited ANY symptoms of heart problems.  She was
completely fine the night before.  We spent a fun night in the kitchen
with all dogs taking turns with tricks and treats, petting and giving
attention and just plain having fun with all 5 of them.  The next
morning I got up, we had our normal routine.  Everyone was fine.  I get
a call at 4 pm from Jeff, and I can hear her labored breathing in the
background.  You can imagine the panic and swear words that went through
my mind.  I tried like hell to get home and didn't even make it to the
parking garage and then got the second phone call from Jeff that she was
gone.
Just like that.  It was a matter of 10 minutes.  She did not suffer and
passed in Jeff's arms on our couch.

And I am super behind on drools from not even being able to think or
read, or stop for a second with out fear of a complete breakdown.  I've
had to be the strong arm because in between all this, Jeff's retina tore
and started to detach again.  So I'm left with taking care of everything
right now.

So I ask Dear God, Please close the bridge gates.  I think you taken
enough of our dogs this month.
And I send my condolences to those whom I haven't been able to write to
personally yet.

Love and drool to all...

Annette, Schroeder, Sophie, Apollo & Cash who are all
terribly missing Maya and Cassie...who are probably standing in my
kitchen forever watching over us.

This communication is intended for the use of the addressee
only and may contain information that is privileged or
confidential. If you are not the addressee, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or use of this
communication is prohibited. If you received this
communication in error, please destroy it, all copies and any
attachments and notify the sender as soon as possible. Any
comments, statements or opinions expressed in this
communication do not necessarily reflect those of H.J. Heinz
Company, its subsidiaries and affiliates.