[Dailydrool] Buttercup

Susan Kitz smkitz at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 19 21:30:10 PST 2011

I am worried about Buttercup.  A few weeks ago she started to walk very slowly on our walks, which she enjoys.  Her weight has been a problem since she was about 18 months when she also became very leery of strangers and strange dogs and took on the role of Diva.   She has hip dysplasia so we have been trying to have her lose weight and she did lose 5 lbs which she has gained back.  Now she has a nasty hot spot and I had the vet take blood samples.  We had blood samples run about 5 months ago.  Her coat is thick and fluffy, even on her tummy.  She sheds a lot and her black areas are turning brown, mostly on her rump and back of her head and neck.  The other dogs are sniffng her rear end a lot more than usual.  We are waiting for test results.  She is 4 now and has been a little lethargic for years but otherwise healthy but something did not seem quite right,  her vet exams have shown nothing amiss.  I am hoping the test results will give us an answer.  So, p lease send some drool her way .