[Dailydrool] Squirrel info for our AST members

Paul, Marie D. (WIC) Marie.Paul2 at va.gov
Fri Jan 21 08:36:19 PST 2011

Since my Mom person gets this newsletter from PetPlace.com, she wanted
to convey this very important information to all comrades in the
education and training of our arch enemies and their activities.  300
DIFFERENT SPECIES OF SQUIRRELS!!!! Time to get our education and
training department on the ball and send out posters of these rodents
with furry tails for identification training.  Those toys have some
great training possibilities don'tcha think?

Marie Paul, Newton, KS
scribe and yeoman to:

Stonewall Jackson, VADM

"Believe it or not, today is Squirrel Appreciation Day.  This is yet
ANOTHER holiday I had not heard of. What do you know about squirrels?
Here are a few facts.

1.  According to the National Wildlife Federation, when a squirrel hides
its food, it pretends to bury it a few times before choosing a final
hiding spot.

2.  There are more than 300 different species of squirrels!

Dogs and cats both LOVE squirrels. Well - "love" may not be the right
word. I know both dogs and cats that are absolutely fascinated by them.

To celebrate Squirrel Appreciation Day, here is a favorite homemade
treat that you can make for squirrels - all you need is a pinecone and
some peanut butter. Spread the peanut butter on the pinecone, hang it
from a tree, and your work is done.

Here's another fun way to celebrate squirrels - the Pentapulls Squirrel
<http://click.petplace.com/?ju=fe331571776505747d1772&ls=fdf311757563047
a7c167874&m=feff1273766004&l=fe9716727066057872&s=fe3817727d64047c761270
&jb=ffcf14&t=>  dog toy. It's water repellent, it has 5 speakers and the
legs are designed in an "X" shape for better pulling and tugging. Dogs
just love it. Check it out.

<http://click.petplace.com/?ju=fe321571776505747d1773&ls=fdf311757563047
a7c167874&m=feff1273766004&l=fe9716727066057872&s=fe3817727d64047c761270
&jb=ffcf14&t=>

Until next time,

Dr. Jon

P.S. Make sure you take time every day to play with your pet - at least
10 minutes a day. It will help keep your pet happy and healthy - and
it's a great way to have fun together. "