[Dailydrool] Freddie's Diagnosis

Karen sparks_red at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 21 12:13:32 PST 2011

First we want to thank everyone for all the drool and prayers for Freddie.
His diagnosis came back today and it is not good.  He has malignant melanoma
and the margins are not clean.  On top of that the facial lump they removed has
already come back.   This is not the best news but I had that hard lump in my throat
that was warning me of this.   I have the gang drooling and we are all praying that
Freddie will join me as a cancer survivor.  GGBR is going to be placing Freddie as a
sponsored basset as soon as I get his pictures downloaded.

I have to say that "This is so not fair!"  Freddie is such a great boy who did not have
a wonderful first 6-8 years.   He is our New Year's Eve baby this year and started his
new life.  He is not suppose to have cancer in his new life.  This sucks big time!  Okay,
now that I vented that I feel maybe a little better.  We will take it one day at a time and
see what God has in store for our Freddie.

If anyone has dealt with the oral malignant melanoma could you please share your
thoughts and advice with me?

We are sending drool and our prayers for all those in need.
Karen and The Dog House Gang
(Freddie is enjoying a nice nap on the couch taking up his half.)