[Dailydrool] : Squirrel Appeciation Day

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Fri Jan 21 15:49:27 PST 2011

Kathy, I am sure that those hounds will be so excited to see their
momma!  Hope that you continue down the road to recovery and that knee
continues to get stronger every day.

I am so sorry to read of Quincy's journey to the bridge. Take heart that
he is once again a young and healthy hound, and for his entire life on
this earth he knew nothing but love. May he live forever in the magic of
your memories.

Last night I put the boys to bed as usual, out to potty, back inside,
bed time cookie and "good night boys, momma loves you". They have their
own room, so then I was off to my room to go to bed.  Just as I laid
down and got comfortable I hear a muffled bark...What the doG? So down
the hall I go, around the corner, flip the light on and there it was!
Ghost Basset! As you all may remember from previous post Colt likes to
play Ghost Basset by crawling under the sheet on their bed and barking
at Ruger to torment him.  Well this time there was a twist. I didn't
have a sheet on the bed, but a big "pillow/bed" case. Colt had found the
open end, crawled inside to haunt his brother...but Ruger wasn't having
any of that nonsense tonight. So there was Colt in the pillow/bed case
and Ruger was laying on the opening, trapping his brother inside.  Once
I quit laughing I went to get Ruger to move off the case opening and let
out his brother.  Good thing that I was home or Ruger might have called
in Ghost Busters to get rid of his "Ghost"

Director Ruger woofing in.  Well it seems that the humans have lost
their itty bitty little minds.  The whorelando gang sent us intel that
the Earth Store is having "Squirrel Appreciation Day" What in the name
of doG is going on with you people? And they are selling all kinds of
squirrel stuff from t-shirts to statues to feeders etc. And now before I
can even send this message out I am getting intel from very reliable
sources (hounds) that the National Wildlife Federation wants us to
Celebrate Squirrel Appreciation Day on Jan. 21.  The National Wildlife
Federation of all people. SOMEONE PLEASE STOP THE MADNESS!!  This is
serious my hounds!  We have terrorist corruption in our National
Wildlife Federation. The whole world has gone mad! Mad I tell you!  Okay
so here is how Colt & I are going to celebrate National Squirrel
Appreciation Day (yuck nasty words), First and foremost we will harass
those critters and attempt to capture and eat them. If that fails then
we will make Momma give us some bar-b-que squirrel cookies! Mmmm! Okay
so on to other business, last night I thought that I had caught a huge
squirrel in my own bed scurrying around under the covers. But then there
was a woof!  I thinks to myself "Dang varmints have learned to speak our
language and where in basset nation is Colt, maybe they kidnapped him
and where coming back for me but I foiled their evil plan" then momma
comes in and makes me release the critter that I had "bagged"! Dang
women always interfering with our missions. And what came out of the
bag?  COLT! Dog-nab-it that big but rhinoceros was trying to "haunt' me
again...I should pound him! Ruger ASTT Director out. P.S. Happy
Weekend...I need a glass of wine, Mom crack open a bottle of your finest
vino!!  Dang Squirrel Appreciation Day my rumpkis!