[Dailydrool] Miss Angela's sleeping arrangements

bjenk1 at cox.net bjenk1 at cox.net
Thu Jan 27 08:33:07 PST 2011

Bill here, press agent/personal trainer to Miss Angela Basset,
Droop and Drool Diva to Wichita and Sedgwick County

I have to concur with those who believe that people who live
in hyper sanitary conditions allow their immune systems to
loaf and become less effective.  When I was a wee tyke, back
in the late 40s and early 50s, my grandparents lived next to a
family who had a son in my class in elementary school.  When
I would stay with Mamoo and Boppy (yes, that was the acdepted
appellation for my grandparents) I would play with Robert next
door.  Mamoo always warned me not to eat anything over there
because "those people are dirty."  Of course that did not stop
me when I was offered koolaid icecubes on a stick.  Anyway,
while I had the normal childhood diseases, Robert had perfect
attendance in school clear up into high school when he ran off
to the Navy leaving a pregnant classmate behind.  (even his
swimmers were healthy.)

That being said, there is no question of Miss Angela and I ever
sleeping in the same bed.  She would no more allow me to
share her sleeping area than she would allow me to eat from
her dish.  She absolutely snarls if her hindquarters are touched
when she is sleeping.  Of course, she also snorts, snuffles,
runs, stretches, barks and snores.  If I take a nap on the floor,
she will wander over, give me a snooter kiss or try to rearrange
me with her nose, then go back to her couch or her bed.  I can't
say that I am unhappy about these arrangements.  She will take
a nap next to me if I am sitting on the end of her couch, but she
almost always puts her butt end up against me, then dares me
to disturb her.

Such is life with the diva.

Bill (The sun's out!  Good day for a walk)
Angela (Maybe after lunch and my nap)