[Dailydrool] a little bug going around, Cesar Milan and the dueling bassets, and my hero friend Steve

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 27 18:00:26 PST 2011

Healing drool to all in need.
I may need some.  There have been increasing episodes of minor vomit, bile and some times food, and while some have been seen doing it, sometimes we are not so sure.  Having 8 here, what ever happens to one, happens to all.  I have been fighting off a flu like virus for a few weeks that I caught and keep reinfecting myself via visiting Mom at Assisted Living.  She is OK now, but she was isolated for a while, yet I visited her.  Now with back to back to back snow storms and my sniffles, I have been staying home, yet cuddling with the hounds.  All I have to say is I apologize to my hounds because I think I brought the germs to them.  They have never made me sick, but I must have done it to them.  Like I said, it is minor, but it really is a two way street.  We have impact on the hounds as much as some think they have on us.
Eva, God Bless.... I hope your surgery and recovery is blessed and you heal gracefully and wonderfully.  This is my lead to the dueling bassets on an episode of Dog Whisperer.  One of the hounds in the show was from OBR.  Oh, i am sure you all know all about it, but it was on TV today, and I was embraced by the way Cesar manages to train.  Good Stuff.
While this is not about a basset, know that my friend Steve grew up with bassets, and I recently helped his sister rescue one from BHRA.  He has a wonderful mix rescue who I adore, a big dog,  and Steve recently brought him in for a spleen removal surgery.  The protocols made me think so much of what I could have done differently for Pierre Sr., because I think in retrospect and current knowledge, this may have been Pierre's problem at the end.  Anyway, Steve's Vet wouldn't do the surgery, but sent Harley to the ER vet, and it was done.  The prognosis was dim, but Steve found out that a Holistic vet could help.  Truth be told, this was the SAME holistic Vet that I wanted to take Pierre Sr. to for his allergies, but because I couldn't leave Mom or get her to go with me, it was moot.  Collectively, please all kick me in the whatever... I should have done it.
Regardless, this is my lesson.  Always, trust your instincts.  My instinct was to bring Pierre to Dr. Wen, and I so wish I could have found the way to do it.I am grateful that Steve is treating his Harley to the best of his ability, and I know he spent a small fortune to do so, so I am sending loving hugs to every one, blessed hugs and sad aroooossss to the ones at the bridge, but they are having a great time already.
Jackie and the herd