[Dailydrool] Basset Ears

Teresa Featheringham MaagT at pg.noacsc.org
Tue Jan 4 08:17:10 PST 2011

Oh how I love those soft velvet ears.  For me, they dried so many tears,
when I was going thru a divorce.  I know they can be dirty, wet and crusty,
but they would be soft and so comforting when it came to drying tears.  My
boy Deuce is also an ear sucker...when he was just a little bitty boy, he
would trot off and swing his head to the side and catch an ear in his mouth.
It would make me laugh out loud and I am mad I never got a picture of this.
To this day after an especially good meal by his faithful slave he will hop
up on the couch and grab an ear and chew off the leftovers.  My boy Rowdy
doesn't have the really long ears that a typical basset has, so he can't get
them in his mouth.  But they too were comforting and gave me great peace to
have them in my hand.

I never had children, but to this day...the more people I meet the more I
love my dogs.  My Ex and current husband know never to ask me to
choose......and who I love best.  I get tearied eyed just thinking about how
little time I have with my boys.  I wish God would give them to us for
longer, but I know he needs them too, so I will love them for as long as I
am here on this earth.

Teresa
Rowdy( my ears are short, but I am mighty)
Deuce(mmmmm...pork...wasn't that last week?..oh well it's still good on my
ear)
Yukon(atb forever in my heart)