[Dailydrool] Grief

Brenda Weddle bweddlern at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 2 16:49:51 PDT 2011

We lost our 3 year old female husky to a coyote attack nearly 4 months ago. We were absolutely devastated. In tribute to her, we started a web page and adopted three more huskies from shelters, all of whom would have been euthanized if we had not taken them. Two of them are two years old and the other is now 7 months old, all purebred huskies. We set up a webpage in her honor - Maya's Legacy at mayaslegacy.yolasite.com in  which we have stories and pictures of Maya and of the dogs we have saved in her honor. My point is this - there is never any "usual" time. We adopted Sasha within a week of losing Maya. Our thoughts are that we couldn't save Maya, but we could save others. It is not that we loved her any less - on the contrary we love her so much that we wanted to keep dogs of her breed in our lives and save their lives. This goes for any breed, Bassets included (of which we have 4). Follow your heart. I see it as a tribute to get another dog.
Brenda and the Thundering Herd