[Dailydrool] Edmond's adoption

Pamela McQuade bassetizedslave at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 11 10:24:18 PDT 2011

Kimi:
You are not the first to experience bad behavior just after an adoption. All bassets seem to know the moment the papers are signed and begin to show their true colors. I vividly remember when Drool founder Nancy Gallagher adopted Scooter Pie (ATB). He was an angel as a foster, but raised as much hell as possible shortly afterwards. You may be able to find records of his adventures in the Drool archives.

All my fosters but one have been fairly angelic, knowing they must be on best behavior. Once I've adopted them, they knew they could let their fur down and started showing their true colors. Except our Alexis Thefairyprincess (ATB), perhaps, who was always barely short of perfect.  But she was ten or eleven when we adopted her.

Enjoy even Edmond's bad days--every one of them will stick in your memory.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets