[Dailydrool] PBF business

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 11 13:28:26 PDT 2011

This is Bo, Commander in Chief of the Pacific Basset Feet

Brudder Jake, your nursing skills and attentiveness to patient care make me
wonder if you would like to transfer into the nursing corps of the Pacific
Basset Feet.

And I would like to welcome another new enlistee, Edmond, to our service. Edmond
will be Lead Investigator, Seek and Destroy, of Unidentified Flying Objects.
Edmond has also confirmed sightings of the mysterious flying rats reported by
Sally King in England. Edmond has experience pursuing and almost catching such
creatures. He will serve in the Department of Counter Intelligence.
Congratulations, Edmond, on your intelligent conquest of recent counter items
such as pizza and chicken.

I have returned to PBF headquarters after my two day stay at "Nose for
Adventure", where I mingled among dog civilians of other shapes and sizes. I am
also pleased to announce that my brother and I have started a dog-friendly trend
in my town. We have enjoyed eating at an outdoor cafe on the harbor which caters
to local fishermen. It is called "Bite Me", which I find a most appropriate
name. Lt. Harley and I sit under our humans' table and perform genial meet and
greet. The humans order us grilled chicken strips and the waitresses put bowls
of water under the table with our order. Once the cook even came out to see us,
saying he wanted to "meet these dogs that he is cooking for!" We are known by
name at Bite Me and have loyal fans. Other diners have noticed us and have begun
bringing their four leggers for chicken strips under the table while they dine
as well. My humans took us for lunch a week ago saturday and there were six dogs
under tables dining (not including us). All dogs were very well behaved. Woo
hoo. We are beginning to find dog friendlies in this otherwise kind of bleak
place for dogs where we live. Life is looking up. Semper fido. Bo, CICPBF