[Dailydrool] Massive Drool Needed

Pam Burriell marypam1 at cox.net
Tue Jul 12 07:51:15 PDT 2011

I've been part of this wonderful family for over 4 years; I've laughed and cried along with all of you; now I'm asking you to pray for my Fred.  He's our 11 year old baby boy, we saved him from the pound 10 years ago when he was a skinny scared boy and he blossomed into our lover who never met a treat he didn't like.
Two and a half years ago the vet found a lump and did surgery.  It was leiomyosarcoma, but everything looked and went well all this time.  He had great checkups and blood work.  Just yesterday we took him in for a problem with his eye and after a lot of poking and feeling around again new x rays showed that he has a good sized mass again in the abdomen.  With him already having had the cancer the vet isn't happy with the find and will do surgery tomorrow to find out how bad it is.  He doesn't sound very optimistic this time and I'm scared.  I know these last 2 1/2 years were a gift; we could have lost him then, but it doesn't make me feel any better.  He loves our 6 year old granddaughter so much and he's been the best mama cat basset to our two previous cats Yoda and Leia and our 2 boys Demon and Scout now.  Please keep Fred in your thoughts today and especially tomorrow.  I'm a wreck but I know I have to keep it together for my baby boy.
Thanks for letting me get this out.
Pam