[Dailydrool] Edmond

Janice Colvin jhenrycolvin75 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 14:58:04 PDT 2011

Dear Kimi,

Don't be discouraged by Edmond's recent bad behavior.  All the foster
bassets who stayed here long enough to feel secure had excellent behavior
for about one-two weeks.  When they felt this was home, misbehavior starts.
I did have one foster who was with us one year, before she went to the
bridge, who did nothing wrong at all.  She was the exception.

Also, Edmond may not know what is OK at your house (I didn't read your post
to know what he did).  That's where discipline comes in by reinforcing
positive behavior and using the word "No" or some other word that says stop.

Good luck with Mr. Edmond.  See you at the Oregon Basset Hound Games this
Sunday.  I got your registration today!  It will be a lot of fun, I promise.

Also, I'm sorry to hear about the passing of Gertrude Steinbeck.  May you
find peace in remembering her.

Janice

Janice

--