[Dailydrool] Got Skunk?

Paul, Marie D. (WIC) Marie.Paul2 at va.gov
Fri Jul 15 11:22:08 PDT 2011

In Kansas we are suffering from heat overload (95 - 108)!!!  Thursday am
(around 1 am) I woke up from sleeping with having a funny feeling that
something smelled like it was burning, I got up and walked throughout
the whole house (the dogs were outside) and could not find anything out
of the ordinary.  That is until I opened the door to let the "monsters"
in...OMG!!! SKUNK!!!!  Yup, they got skunked AGAIN!  Well, needless to
say, I was damned if I was gonna bathe them at that hour of the morning
- so I just sprayed them with some doggie pouf-pouf (which helped a wee
bit) and tried to go back to bed.  That didn't last too long, so about
3:30, I said "OK, guys outside you go".  DH thought Samantha rolled in
something in the yard until I informed him the truth.  I figured that I
would go to the store and get some peroxide and Dawn and bathe them when
I got home.  They still stunk at 5:30 Thursday afternoon, so I changed
clothes, put on shorts and a tee shirt and in the tub I went (sat on the
side of the tub) and drugged Stonewall into the tub.  I scrubbed him
twice and then used regular dog shampoo on him.  He smelled so much
better except DH said he can still smell the skunk on Stonewall's head.
I told him to get in the tub and rewash him himself!! Didn't
happen....Samantha does not like baths - I had to almost  literally drag
her in the bathroom to the tub - she was belly up and wouldn't get up
for me.  When I finally got her in the tub, she was as stiff  as a
board!, but she is all clean and fluffy now (luckily she didn't get
skunked as bad as Stonewall)  Now to add insult to injury, they get
toebones cut tomorrow.  Man, I really am on the "doggie feces" roster
this weekend.

Marie

Stonewall (I lost my "manly" smell and now I smell like a French Poodle
- yuck)

Samantha (I feel pretty, oh so pretty....)