[Dailydrool] $1000 Animal Rescue Challenge Arrived in BRBR's PO Box

Leanne Potts leanne.potts at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 20:10:17 PDT 2011

BRBR got its $1,000 check in the mail this week from the Animal Rescue
Site. This is site where you all went and voted for BRBR everyday in
June until we got the most votes of any rescue or shelter in the state
of Tennessee. You clicked, and clicked, and clicked till BRBR won.

A big thank you to each of you who bookmarked that site and went there
everyday and clicked. A big thank you to Debbie Winchester, 4-time
BRBR adopter, who organized the members of the Daily Drool to vote for
BRBR in honor of Elder Clara, her senior basset who died earlier this
year. Clara was a BRBR alum, one of the first bassets adopted from the
BRBR  in 2006.

Clara would be proud that you raised enough money to save some more
hounds. And $1,000 will help a heap of hounds.

We've had a busload of puppies and heartworm-positive dogs this year,
and we currently have 33 dogs in our care. We've taken in a couple of
dogs with cancer as well. This check will help those of us who are
always trying to keep money in the BRBR bank account sleep a little
better tonight.

Thanks for caring. Know that you make a difference.

Leanne Potts
President
BRBR