[Dailydrool] Things my basset taught me this morning

Nancy Candray speedsterbasset at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 23 09:55:12 PDT 2011

1.) Always take basset on a walk before starting chores. Otherwise basset feels neglected and starts whining and following your every move.
2.) After taking walk, feed basset no latter then 30 minutes after you walk or basset feels the need to raid trash bin for food and starts chewing on couch.
3.) Before operating heavy machinery, love on basset for 5 minutes before each cut of wood. Otherwise basset becomes suicidal and feels the need to stick nose near blade.
4.) When making roof of a doghouse, make sure basset is in human home as basset suddenly becomes mountain goat and decides to jump on roof while roof is still in construction.
5.) When taking a break from chores, break time requires that you pet basset at least half of the time.
(No basset was hurt in the completing of chores)

Nancy (Man, what has gotten into Speedy this morning) momslabe to

Speedy Speed Demon of the West OEBE (I need love)

Ted (ATB)

and now Rambo (I rather stay away from all the noise going on outside)