[Dailydrool] Zero's 4th Birthday and trip to the vetman...oh my

wesley & londa weslon at windstream.net
Sun Jul 24 05:09:13 PDT 2011

HI everyone.. It has been a while but things really get rolling and before you know it time is really flying,,
 Zero and Freckles turned 4 on July the 12th. Four years? where has the time gone?
  Zero as most of you remember is living with my best friend Fran and her wonderful husband Charlie. They took Zero in after she was unable to ride on our semi due to sever car sickness.. that was 3 yrs ago..
   But Fran and Charlie with hounds in tow come to visit once a month or as often as time will allow..
   We are one big happy hound family.. and the gurls seem to understand the arrangement as well as we do. They even come to spend a week with us..
  Everyone is doing fine and in great shape...
  Zero's trip to the vet...
  It is time for shots and her yearly check up.. and of course getting those ^%&#$^&# toenails trimmed..
We go inside, Zero is happy she just loves the attendents that she has come to know over her visits.
She and I are sitting in the waiting room, Zero between my legs sitting on the floor when suddenly a new young lady comes rushing out of the back room with a leash in her hand and grabs at Z.. Let me tell you.. Zero is not your normal basset..or maybe she is who knows at this point, anyway you do NOT GRAB towards Zero and OR momma as we sit.. Everyone at the vets office knew this tidbit of news except new girl...oooops..
  Girl grabs Z and Z grabs girl, by the hand and CHOMP!
    We hear YOU BIT ME! and Zero looks at her with the look of ,"Well you shouldnt' grab at me!"
   So that started things rolling down hill.. Girl was not hurt and I am sure she will think twice about grabbing anyones hound with out asking "DO THEY BITE?"
  She takes Zero back into the back of the building to be weighted and toenail trim... I am sitting in the lobby and suddenly I hear from the back the vets voice BOOMING .. ZERO! OH MY LORD!! catch her catch her..OH NO Zero you didnt.. I slid down in my seat.. What has she done NOW?
  IN a bit, the vet comes out.. He is freshly showered, clean cloths, and NOT happy..
  Londa? Zero was a bad girl today.. She would NOT let us do her nails(the guy who always did her nails was off this day, he never had problems..)..It took five people to hold her down to do the job, and we did get it done- but not before she PEED on me and POOPED on me!! then she got away from us and ran around the room, ran thru the POOP and then JUMPED INTO MY ARMS...
 Here is your hound,, you may want to bath her when you get home .. those big feet.. oh and she weights in at 54 pounds this time.. you may want to cut back on the gravy..see you later...
I pay my bill, and say my good bys.. Zero thumbs her nose at them and walks out of the office with her tail and head held high...I am glad we only have to do this once a year.. we trim her nails at home with no problems but i still like for them to do it in the office to make sure the nails are ok... maybe i might not want to do that again...****sigh****
  WOW.. poor Vetman... poor helper.. Zero did not draw blood on the attendent.. one good thing... and he didnt charge me for the shower and change of cloths!! hahaha..
   We send drool to all in need, and prayers for those who need them..
Londa and Wesley
parttime mom and dadslave to Zero and Freckles too