[Dailydrool] update, Missing bassets VA

Damien/Carmen Kraus dkrausga at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 04:46:48 PDT 2011

Gus is home.

I had been drifting in and out of 'sleep' most of the night and heard
him yelp a little before 7 this morning.  I threw on my clothes and ran
outside.  Didn't see him for a good 5 minutes but when I went to go get
the truck keys he was shuffling down the far end of the driveway.
He's dry, which means he found a place to stay out of the heavy fog and
dew (he hates wet, he was picking his way down only the dry sections of
gravel), but he's in a lot of pain.  It's his arthritis acting up really
bad.  I am waiting for him to settle in a bit before giving him
something for pain, he seems really nervous and antsy which is not like
him at all.
He has a vet appointment already here in a couple of hours so I'll have
him checked over then.  While in town I'm getting a chain for the gate
until we can make it hubby proof because a catch latch is just not
enough.  Dogs can't open it, secure enough for me to fall on it and not
open, but that doesn't help if someone doesn't push it closed to begin with.

Thank you for all the emails, I'm not sure I could have been sane
without them.
Carmen