[Dailydrool] Basset Mouths and Hiding Treasures

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 12:13:08 PDT 2011

Our Bassets could easily walk past me with a whole bird in a mouth and I
would not know unless a leg or feather were sticking out, and they have done
it. Cooper, with his narrower jaw cannot get away with that and I wish the
Bassets couldn't but we have had baby birds, chipmunks, and baby squirrels
in the house in various conditions. (The Chipmunk was extremely healthy and
very indignant. Why it didn't bite Nigel I will never know, but it sure took
off once he opened his mouth to get a treat in he kitchen. I finally trapped
it by slamming a screen on top of it and carried it out by the scruff and
turned it loose, maybe a little dazed from being half beaten to death with a
screen and out of breath, but otherwise healthy and able to scramble away to
safety.
Baby birds and Bunnies do not do so well.....
Looking forward to the end of this week: end of motel living and back to the
land of a real house, albeit rented, where I can have the Boys again.
MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis & Conley still in jail, & Cooper, King of the
Motel.