[Dailydrool] Inflamed Nipples

Carol Gazzara carolgazzara at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 6 07:00:59 PDT 2011

OK Droolers, I'm back for help.  Rosie (who is spayed, and never had pups) currently has two (her last two, down towards her abdomen) red, and a bit crusty nipples.  I'm cleaning them with baby shampoo and water and have put some benedryl cream on them but they aren't improving.  She doesn't seem to be bothered by them but I am.  Before I trot her off to the Vet I thought I'd ask if anyone has had this happen to their Basset.

  We are currently in a VERY dry spell her and I'm wondering if her walking thru the dry grass is causing the problem but I just don't know.

Wishing everyone a GREAT Summer...
Carol & Rosie in Florida