[Dailydrool] My Good Deed Gone Bad..

Shelly Gordon-ABC Basset Rescue merchandise at nybasset.org
Mon Jun 13 06:00:03 PDT 2011

Wednesday morning while cruising through Facebook, I saw a post about a dog in a GA shelter. This little girl caught my eye because she looks identical to my Duke (black on one side, white on the other). I forwarded her pix to my husband who was at the airport and he said "call and get more info". So, that is what I did. Turns out she is 8 months old and was scheduled to be euthanized that day at close of business. Contacted my friends at BHRG who agreed to pull her. Her name was Amy, I renamed her "Dutchess". I faxed over the adoption papers to the shelter, they took her off death row til she could be sprung on Friday.

A volunteer pulled her from the shelter Friday and took her to a vet's for boarding then spay/HW test, etc. I got a call yesterday afternoon that Dutchess slipped her collar and got out from a fenced area at the vets and she is missing.

She has been spotted running around the area of the vet's office, but no one can approach her as she is scared.

So, she has survived her short time at the kill shelter, now to be running scared and hopefully not killed by a car.

My heart breaks for what her life could have been like here in NY. Prayers that she will be found.
Shelly Gordon
ABC Basset Hound Rescue
www.nybasset.org
merchandise at nybasset.org