[Dailydrool] Looking Back

Julie Canny julie.a.canny at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 18:11:33 PDT 2011

Well, you are not alone.  Gallagher constantly looks back.  I'm not sure if
it's because he forgot where he was or if he thinks he missed something.
 Walking bassets takes a lot of patience.  Sniff, sniff here, sniff, sniff
there.  Stop and roll in some stinky stuff.  Stop, turn around and sit
looking back where you were.  Run sideways.......
It takes us 1 hour to walk less than a mile.  In the hot weather, it can
take 1/2 hour just to get out of the driveway.  We walk three bassets twice
a day.  If we don't constantly unwrap the flexi leashes, they'd be in a
giant braid in about 20 feet.  The neighbors get a kick out of us.  One has
taken to walking her cats - - because they are easier to walk than bassets.