[Dailydrool] one year ago today

Donna Lindy dlindy at mac.com
Sat Jun 18 14:18:06 PDT 2011

One year ago today, June 18th, I said goodbye to one of the
greatest loves of my life, my sweet Pauline.  I've never had
second thoughts about letting her go that day - I knew it was
time.  But I miss her and her personality every day, several
times a day.  She was  naughty and bossy and the queen
around here.  I loved her spunk and her pushiness and
her long, long ears and big fat paws and her always wagging
tail.  She loved her hats and received several from Droolers
across the country; she loved snoods and dressing up.  She
posed for pictures.  One of a kind, forever loved and forever
missed.

On another note, my old fella Elmo is 14 now and the oldest
hound to ever live at my house.  One of our first bassets, Bob,
went to the Bridge one week before his 14th birthday so Elmo
has surpassed that record.  His walking is very questionable
and lurching probably best describes it quite a bit of the time.
But  the boy has attitude.  He doesn't want to pee in the
side yard - we have to go through the gate and across the
driveway to do that.  I was taking Gracie to the vet one day
not long ago and while I went to get a leash so I could get
Gracie in the car, Elmo scooted with lightning speed to the
back of the bassetmobile. The door was open and he was
trying to "beam" himself into the car.  Of course, Bill and I
lifted him right up and put him in and he went along for the
ride. And last week the painter was here, working on the
outside of the house.  Elmo was in the side yard and  bark,
bark, barked to be let out - he scooted right over to see the
painter and get petted and then scooted back to the gate
where he bark, bark, barked to come back into the side yard.
A lot of the time he is just a big  old speed bump somewhere
on the kitchen floor but we are glad that he's still here.

We send drool to all in need, particulary the two Pats and to
BBR's Ethel in surgery, Louie for mourning his buddy Angelo
and Dottie's tail.

And as Bob the DOg would say, "I'm waving at you, Pauline.
Can you see me?"

Donna, drool fueler for old fella Elmo, Gracie and Bosley