[Dailydrool] Floofies

A. Woodrum awoodrum at clear.net
Sun Jun 19 22:20:12 PDT 2011

Gracie is our girl who gets what we call "floofies" every year, she has an
undercoat, so she sheds like a fiend.  The floofies are the undercoat hair
that comes out in clumps, and it keeps coming out, and coming out, and
coming out for at least a month or more.  I love to pull the floofy clumps,
they're loose and it doesn't hurt her, and she looks like a moth-eaten bear
until we get them all gone.  Her floofies are white, and sometimes white
with red tips, and mostly come out on her hips, where she is red.  Gracie is
semi-long-haired, and her fur is so incredibly soft and a couple of inches
long.  Wonder if the undercoat is what make her hair so soft?  Holly is
semi-long-haired, too, but does not have an undercoat.  Holly's hair is
thick and wavy and actually longer than Gracie's, but Gracie's is much
softer.  Anyway, we've been reading on the computer and pulling floofies
tonight.

Anita Woodrum

awoodrum at clear.net