[Dailydrool] Weekend fun with toenails & raccoons

Vicki Kerns vickikerns at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 12:40:41 PDT 2011

On Saturday, I had to pick up Miss Cleo's meds & decide to have them trim
Quincy's toenails since he will NOT let me. So here comes the little
reception gal & she told me there'd be a little extra "handling" charge,
because it took TWO people to hold Quincy & ONE to cut his nails. And to top
that off, he pooped! No wonder I can't cut his nails! The little
10-month-old stinker now weighs in at 46 pounds and no one could believe he
wasn't well over a year old. And he still looks like a stringbean!

Around 5:30am on Sunday morning, Quincy & Mugsy (da boys) were outside
barking like crazy. I got up & hollered at them several times, but they'd
start back in. I locked them inside the house a couple of times, but
every time I left them back outside, they'd go nuts again. Finally around
7:30am, I put on my shoes & went out in the backyard. Cornered up by the
front fence was a little raccoon baby. He was curled up in a ball & at first
I thought he was dead, but when I touched him, he turned around & hissed at
me. Oh
great, what to do now! I finally got my big cat carrier & pushed it over
him while he was pinned to the side of the house. I tipped the carrier up &
quickly shut the little gate. He was clinging to it & staring at me like I
was insane. I walked him a little way up the street to a small wooded area
with a pond & turned him loose. I'm glad it was the mama! I need to put out
some raccoon deterrent. Maybe I'll sprinkle some of my urine around the
outside of the fence. It might keep any more out.

Much drool to Pat & all the Droolers in need.

--
Vicki Kerns

  ~≈≈~

  //^ ^\\
(/(_•_)\)
 _/''*''\_
(/_)^(_\)  ~  "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."