[Dailydrool] Joey Thompson (no intregity basset) To Debbie Jenkins

Thompson, Joey Joey.Thompson at bcbsne.com
Mon Jun 20 13:19:33 PDT 2011

Dear Ms. Jenkins,

Let me start by saying this since someone so judgmental may read this whole post.

In terms of being smaller than normal.. Her weight is PERFECT per our vet and our feeding schedule works fine.  She is smaller perhaps because I rescued her from a puppy mill.  She had pneumonia and was going to die.  I took her to the vet 2 times per day for 2 WEEKS at great cost to me, to have her shots in her lungs as the pneumonia was so bad.  Hows that for care?  3 years later I am STILL paying the credit card bill for her care.

As you may expect, you judged me by the limited information I posted for help.  I walk my dog everynight for 45 minutes.  I have her well trained when I am around.  This shows I work with her quite a bit.  I have 3 young children who love her and she protects them.  I have taught her to track them.  They will go for a walk and we'll leave about 10 minutes later and she will find them everytime!  I spend quite a bit of time with her.  We have her inside quite a bit but if we leave she is either outside or kenneled.  That is my concern, I would rather her roam free in the house un attended.  That DOES NOT mean she sits in a kennel all day like you implied.  Its just a lot more than I like it to be and I recognize that, which is why I posted here.   I would like her to spend more time inside the house with us not in her kennel or me having to watch her like, well a hound!

You're getting mad for 2 things you are blowing out of proportion:

1)      You think that I am letting her eat fertilizer.  The pellets I use are completely organic and non toxic in every way.  I have a 1 year old and for that reason I do not even use fertilizer on my lawn, much like you.  I would not leave something out that could harm her.  There is no danger to her, its just annoying.  It would be nice if she would leave the trees alone and I hope that will come in time.

2)      You assume she is not part of our family.  How you drew this conclusion is beyond me, but I suspect you are looking for a fight.  But how dare you say such horrible things to me.

I know that bassets can behave alone as I have a friend who has one that runs free in the house.  That basset is much older than mine and maybe that is the key.

You told me to give her to a shelter so let me give you some advice:

Please rid the hate from your heart because it will consume you.  You are so hateful and I do not understand why people become this way.  I don't want to judge you as well but all I can say is I feel for you.  I care for my dog and my real children and I am a loving person with many pets.  I have a dog, 3 cats (one with diabetes), and 2 ferrets.  They all get a long great.

I just wanted some feedback and it sounds from other people on this forum that she is normal.  I cannot expect so much of her but maybe in time she will get there.  Right now unattended in my home she may be a danger to herself.

Thanks everyone else for the non hateful replies!

Sincerely,

Joey Thompson

DISCLAIMER
This communication, along with any attachments, is covered by federal and state law governing electronic communications and may contain confidential and legally privileged information. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are reading this message, but you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you may not disclose, print, copy, store, forward or otherwise use or disseminate the information contained in this transmission. If you have received this message in error, immediately contact the sender and destroy all copies of the original. Thank you.