[Dailydrool] Pat Dill

Angelika Hastings angelikabrn at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 20 16:04:11 PDT 2011

Pat Dill 7/17/1958- 6/20/2011

Pat Dill was surrounded by love as she left us this morning after a long and courageous battle with ovarian cancer.
She leaves behind her best friend Carol, their bassets Rosie, Bailey, Sampson and Periwinkle as well as many friends and family.
Ten bassets including Murphy,Maxwell, Hugh, Abby, Lucy & Buddy ( I can not think of all their names right now) will have been waiting for her arrival. We believe that her arrival was much like this:

(Rescuer's Bridge II)
The young pup and the older dog lay on shaded sweet grass watching the reunions. Sometimes a man, sometimes a woman, sometimes a whole family would approach the Rainbow Bridge, be greeted by their loving pets and cross the bridge together.
The young pup playfully nipped at the older one. "Look! Something wonderful is happening!"
The older dog stood up and barked, "Quickly. Get over to the path."
"But that's not my owner," whined the pup, but he did as he was told.
Thousands of pets surged forward as a woman in white walked on the path toward the bridge. As the glowing figure passed each animal, that animal bowed its head in love and respect. She finally approached the bridge, and was met by a menagerie of joyous animals. Together, they all walked over the bridge and disappeared.
The young pup was still in awe. "Was that an angel?" he whispered.
"No, son," the older dog replied. "That was more than an angel. That was a rescuer."

Pat and Carol have been actively involved in basset rescue for many years.

Among others they are adopters as well as supporters of Droopy Basset rescue.
http://www.droopybassetrescue.com/

until we meet again my dear friend...