[Dailydrool] desperately in need of foster homes and donations

Eva DeVaughn babynugs2003 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 21 17:31:59 PDT 2011

As we all know around the forth of July is the busy season for rescue. At least for OBR it is. Every year at this time we get slammed. Here is what has gone on for the last 8 days. Zoey our blind senior who we had to remove 2 eyes right after we got her. The breeder could not  breed her any more because how would it look with no eyes. She had glacoma and was in pain so we took xare of it. The last tuesday she had surgery for a mammory tumor and came home on wednesday. Thursday she bloated. Her blood vessels were stretched and some broke. The vet was concerned and opened her back up that night to check on the stomach. She was doing ok but not eating and then the last 2 days passed dark blood and fresh blood. The stomach would not heal. She had a feeding tube they were putting antibiotics in but it did not work. The vet opened her up again today to make sure it was the infection he thought it was and it was, so Maribeth was there during surgery and they
 let her go to the Brigge. So that is 4 surgeries in 1 week on one dog.
Fred just came in and we were told he had eutropia on 2 eyes, has a tumor and alot of other health problems and needs a dental real bad. The vet doesn't think he has eutropia like the shelter vet said but will check during surgery wednesday. He is not on the web site yet.
 Tink just had 17 teeth pulled and the bill is around $1500 they quoted us.
 Joplin just had a tumor and spleen removed emergency surgery on saturday. She is not on the site yet either.
We have another one but I can't remember what she is having done.
 Then we also had 3 or 4 spay and neuters.  Ee are also kenneling 11 dogs at 2 kennels. So you can see why we are in desperate need of foster homes. If you could help in any way by donations or fostering please let me know.
Thanks,
Eva and Princess Nugget ATB
www.ohiobassetrescue.com