[Dailydrool] Almost a basset

Riche Churchill buglr at blomand.net
Wed Jun 22 09:44:07 PDT 2011

Yesterday, we picked up a Basset who was strolling down the middle of a
highway. A cute little thing, possibly not pure, I thought, but maybe...
and now I could once again hold my head up in the Basset world. Perhaps
I could say "my Basset did this or that," but alas, it was not to be.
The phone number on her collar brought the owner on the run and a joyous
reunion occurred.

Turns out she is half Beagle (horrors!!!) but didn't look it... except
that she was the smallest Basset I've ever seen in my life. Currently a
little too thin, but still would be unlikely to weigh more than 20 lbs.
with a little more meat on her bones. I could have carried her in a baby
sling. (Not that I'm advocating "miniature" Bassets -- but she would
have been a handy little gadget.)

Riche (Bugler)