[Dailydrool] Walking 2 hounds and 2 toddlers

rosekh at aol.com rosekh at aol.com
Wed Jun 22 17:36:13 PDT 2011

Walking Fred and Annie is bad enough (I love reading the "maypole" reference...that's what I always feel like, and am glad that I'm not alone!)  This past Saturday, my brother dropped off my almost-3-year-old niece and nephew for an unexpected visit.  I had never had them both alone in my house.  I live in a townhouse with lots of stairs and no toys, except for dog toys.  I also don't have the right kinds of shows on my DVR for toddlers.  To top it off, my A/C is broken, so it was hot in the house.  Running out of things to do, and giving in to their requests, we decided to go for a walk and take Fred and Annie with us.  BAD IDEA!!  Try holding 2 leashes attached to 2 bassets with one hand, and 2 toddlers with the other hand (part of the problem is that I was holding one of their hands and then they were supposed to hold each other's hands...not happening!)  About half way through the walk I announced, to no one in particular, that I was leaving 2 of them there, and who was it going to be??

Once we go home, I called my sister-in-law and told her to come and get her children.  They can come and visit again when they're 10 ;)

Rose, Annie (I didn't like those little people...they move around too much) and Fred (I liked them, because I could reach the food that they had in their hands!)