[Dailydrool] Calling in the Dogs

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 13:12:26 PDT 2011

Since Llewis and Nigel were born in our house (not this one, the other one)
they are used to hearing "puppupupupupupuppup" and about 60% of the time
remember that it used to have something to do with FOOD, and so they come.
Once when Nigel was being especially ornery and loud and obnoxious, I went
out and in that high-pitched sing-song called "Who is Mama's best boy? Who
does mama love the most?" and for some reason. Nigel came tearing. So now,
he comes instantly if I do that. Since Llewis loathes being left behind by
Nigel, he comes too. That leaves Conley standing in the yard, tail at
half-mast, eyeballing Cooper who is sitting in the yard covered with
mosquitoes. It is usually a contest--- who moves first? Sometimes Cooper
just refuses to budge and then Conley will lope in. Now and then I have to
go out and chase my 3-legged dog around the yard, yelling and swearing (he
knows I don't mean it) before he will come in.

In emergencies I take the whole box of biscuits out and shake it. Then I get
the hell out of the way.

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Conley and Cooper