[Dailydrool] licker

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 28 04:24:20 PDT 2011

Yes, I too, have a licker, Mr. Jean Paul, sir.  It started as a pup, and he would lick his paws every morning after first outs, incessantly, and that was a sound like nails on a chalkboard when I was trying to sleep.  It wasn't allergies, just what he liked to do.  Then he graduated to my lips, which doesn't bother me so long as they don't get chapped, and the longest I was able to tolerate was 1,000 schlicks.  On a daily basis, I usually have the time and patience for a couple of hundred.  I get him to stop by giving him a back and leg massage, then he curls on his pile of pillows in his spot of the bed.  I usually get up now, as I just go back to bed for my daily JP kisses.  JP also obliges Jellybean, as she will very meekly slide up to him.  She is already in a submissive down, on her side, and she will wiggle up to him slowly, and then he washes her face.  I have seen him wash Nigel's  and Colette's faces on occasion, but that is when they are all mingled in the pack, and he notices a clean up is in oder.  Jean Paul is the alpha, very scary to outsiders, but so devoted to the family.  He pretends to be mad a Jr., but they have worked out a routine where they bark at each other, JP in the bed, Pierre trying to get in the bed, me trying to get a tiny bit of computer work done without a splitting headache.  They have taught me to give them each a bit of a treat to get them to stop.  Sometimes, then, JP will stomp his paw and give me a gentle grrrrr, and he insists I go back to bed, even for just a few moments, and he has to give me kisses again.  Unless, it is something hugely important, it is just easier to comply, and he is such a big smoochie boy, I love taking the time to hug him and to be with him.  He is a heart dog, too, and he got over shadowed by Pierre Sr's special needs, but he was as bonded to Sr. as I was, and while he thinks JR. is a punk, I know that  he appreciates him as much as I do.
Jackie and the herd