[Dailydrool] Our licking Houndette

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 20:11:26 PDT 2011

Ginger is our licker. She licks everyone here, all the other Houndettes and
the DH and I. Ginger is our wild woman in a basset suit so it always kind of
tickles me when she's doing her "mom" routine. She literally will hold
Shadow and Suzy down to clean their faces and ears. Jersey would take her
down in a head lock if she tried that with her but Ginger will very politely
ooze up to Jersey and get permission to lick her face and ears before she
starts. Jersey will let her know in no uncertain terms if she's bugging her.
As far as the DH and I, she'll lick any part of our faces that she can get
to. She has a wonderfully soft spot on her face just behind her nose that I
love to kiss and she kisses me back so it's all pretty mutual here.

There is no such thing as privacy in the bathroom here. Just about every day
I say that, if we ever move into another house, the bathroom is going to
have to be big enough to accommodate four or five dogs and me! If I lose my
mind and actually shut the door, I have to listen to two or three hounds
huffing and sighing through the crack at the bottom of the door. Usually
there is a hound on the bath mat by the tub, one on the bath mat near the
sink and at least one more who has fit themselves in between the other two
so, when I'm done in the shower, I have to literally climb over a hound just
to get out of the tub. I've almost fallen a couple of times so the day is
coming when the girls are going to be banished from the bathroom and I'm
just going to have to put up with all the huffing and sighing.

The Houndettes are slinging drool mixed with prayers from me to all in need.

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger, the licker