[Dailydrool] Door Dashing Basset!!

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 30 10:23:12 PDT 2011

Oh my dear Lord ... what a morning,

OK, so my kids are away at summer camp so I figured there isn't much reason to
work from home so I've been going into the office more.  I work for Intel as a
software engineer (20 years now).  So this morning I got dressed ... high heels
and all, and headed out the door.  Now I don't even think much about opening the
door these days ... neither Cyrus nor Snoopy is interested in leaving unless we
are going somewhere ... and even then they just run to the car ... no drama.
But not this morning.  This morning Snoopy dashed right between my legs, knocked
my coffee out of my hand and all over my computer bag and took off at a dead
run.

I called him but he kept running.  Well there I was running after him and
calling him ... in my high heels and all.  Snoopy thought this was tremendous
fun.  He was galloping all over the place but he kept looking back over his
shoulder to make sure he could see me .... he did NOT want to get lost.  A
couple of times I ducked around behind something and he came back close enough
to be able to see me ... but he wouldn't let me grab him.  Finally after about
20 minutes of this he saw I was getting very worried and he just grinned and
came dashing back into my arms.

So I brought him home and grabbed my stuff and headed for the office.  When I
got here I discovered that my lap top was stone cold dead ... soaked from the
coffee.  So I headed downstairs to PC services and told the tech about my door
dashing basset to which he replied "Oh my G-d ... is the dog ok?"  I told him
Snoopy was home safe and sound to which he replied ... "well, thank goodness.
Let's just pull your hard drive and drop it in a new lap top and you'll be good
to go."  Five minutes later I left PC services with a new lap top and all the
stuff on my hard drive was fine and I was back in business.

What a morning!  Thank little Snoopy!!!!  My heart is STILL racing!!!

Frazzled momPerson